Apparently Tutti Frutti has decided to answer my prayers and come out with a completely dairy-free and vegan version of froyo. It's nice to know that there are companies out there who will cater to me because I'm just that famous and influential (not really.) It was only a matter of days before I rounded up a few friends for a froyo outing so I had an excuse to indulge in this:
In conclusion, the soy flavor is quite strong, so there is definitely no reason that dairy eaters would choose soy over regular unless they have an affinity for the bean flavor. While it does taste quite different from the milk-based version, I'm used to soy undertones in a lot of my foods so I enjoyed the treat. By the way, you can see that unlike other bloggers, I'm a froyo topping minimalist. I tend to get froyo plain, but in this instance I was craving some brownie chunks so that's what I got. For me, too many random toppings together mask the flavor of the froyo and also combine messily themselves. There's that, and the fact that loading up on all the goodies in the counter gets pricey fast!
On to another exciting addition to my lactose-free repertoire: Green Valley yogurt. How did I not hear about this company before?! Oh, probably because I have to move back to school and start going to hippie grocery stores again in order to find non-traditional yogurts.
I got a tub of the plain flavor and freaking loved it. The best part is that it is milk-based so it doesn't have a weird soy or almond flavor. It's free of lactose because they add the enzymes needed to break down the chemical, so I don't have to! The texture is perfect because it's thicker than regular yogurt, but not the gross, almost cheesy consistency of greek yogurt.
I've used the stuff to make awesome breakfasts like this:
![]() |
| With granola and banana |
![]() |
| With granola and overripe nectarine |
Yes, the second photo is yogurt eaten from its tub. Don't judge.
All in all, I'm super pumped by my new food discoveries.




No comments:
Post a Comment