My sis came up for the weekend so we and a few friends scheduled a day trip in the city. I've been wanting to explore The Haight for some time
Highlight: I got a cute dress at Ambiance!
Possibly the cutest store ever. I've recently been buying more dresses, not knowing when I will have an occasion to wear them. I swear 50% of my income goes towards clothing. It's seriously unsustainable and I either must stop buying garments or become rich instantly.
Walking through Golden Gate Park, we could hear Outside Lands. Another reason that I love living in a hotspot such as the Bay Area is that we get legit bands and performances. Somehow, I can't see that happening in a random spot in the Midwest, or "The Great Flyover," as one of my past professors lovingly called it.
Stopped at Perilla, a lovely Vietnamese restaurant, for lunch with grumbling stomachs.
![]() |
| Source: foursquare |
I got pho (duh) with rare beef and brisket. It was a super generous serving, and I can say proudly that I destroyed it. With full bellies, we continued on to the Conservatory of Flowers.
| Source: planetware |
My sister and I got to show our student ID's to get $5 admission. Yay for being students! I'm going to prolong that status as long as possible by going to grad school. Not just for discount tickets, of course.
They had a prehistoric plants special exhibit called "Plantosaurus" on display. My favorite plants were some huge lily pads in the aquatic plants section.
I thought I wouldn't be too hungry for dinner after eating a very filling lunch, but sightseeing sure takes it out of me! It was about dinner time when my sister and I got home and I snacked on some raisins to tide me over until eating time.
I always get worried when my sister comes home to visit. Not for any social reasons, of course--it's that my dad always goes into crazy culinary overdrive mode when Wendy comes back. I know he means it in the most loving way, but previous welcome home meals have included turtle, frog, and other unusual animals/animal parts.
Whatever he makes is always delicious, but inevitably leads to weeks worth of leftovers, or eating [insert feast entree] every night for many days on end. Since we got chickens, I've had an underlying fear for them that was recently justified: my dad slaughtered two of our chickens for Wendy's most recent homecoming.
Current count = 10 - 1 (did not survive in childhood) - 1 (killed by Berry) - 2 (eaten by us) = 6 chickens. The ones that are left must prove their worth by laying eggs soon. Or else...
I thought I wouldn't be too hungry for dinner after eating a very filling lunch, but sightseeing sure takes it out of me! It was about dinner time when my sister and I got home and I snacked on some raisins to tide me over until eating time.
I always get worried when my sister comes home to visit. Not for any social reasons, of course--it's that my dad always goes into crazy culinary overdrive mode when Wendy comes back. I know he means it in the most loving way, but previous welcome home meals have included turtle, frog, and other unusual animals/animal parts.
Whatever he makes is always delicious, but inevitably leads to weeks worth of leftovers, or eating [insert feast entree] every night for many days on end. Since we got chickens, I've had an underlying fear for them that was recently justified: my dad slaughtered two of our chickens for Wendy's most recent homecoming.
Current count = 10 - 1 (did not survive in childhood) - 1 (killed by Berry) - 2 (eaten by us) = 6 chickens. The ones that are left must prove their worth by laying eggs soon. Or else...


No comments:
Post a Comment