A week or so ago I gathered some buddies to accompany me to free froyo at a grand opening of Red Mango in our neighborhood. Even I can't say no to a dairy dessert when it's free.
Surprisingly, there was not much of a line! My business-oriented friend struck up a conversation with the representative of Red Mango's Western branches (the way he said his title was fancier) who was standing outside promoting the event--their froyo is apparently "better" than that of competitors because they use all natural ingredients. Their flavors are supposedly duller in color because they don't use food dye or artificial ingredients. However, it is 45 cents an oz! Robbery, I tell you. I think college students would prioritize lower prices over all-natural preparation methods, but perhaps the relatively rich Bay St. mall shoppers won't mind shelling out the cashola.
This event also marked my first time trying a Lactaid pill. I'm hesitant to say whether they are actually effective or if any decrease in gassiness, etc. is psychological. I don't really like to feel like pill-popping lactose-intolerant junkie, so having these with me isn't going to radically unrestrain my diet--I'm planning on using them as needed for social events or in situations I don't want to be a hindrance to a group because I don't eat dairy.
No comments:
Post a Comment