On Saturday I got to see my best friend from high school. We drove to Redwood Regional Park in Oakland. It kind of felt just like Tilden (which is closer) i.e. there were pretty trees and trails, but it was nice to explore somewhere relatively new.
![]() |
| They had an area encouraging people to build things out of nature |
![]() |
| Spider busy spinning its web--difficult to capture on camera |
We walked for two or so hours, so probably six miles, so that was my workout for the day. I bet we burnt extra calories from chit-chatting all the way.
We returned to our homes at ~4:30pm with enough time to clean up a bit and head out again at 6pm to meet up with two other friends at Ramen House Ryowa on University Ave.
Foodie me organized a ramen-themed night included the meal above followed by a screening of Tampopo. I can say with certainty that Tampopo is one of the weirdest films I have ever seen. The main story, about a woman eager to better her ramen restaurant with the guidance of a traveling trucker, is amusing, but there are extremely strange/disturbing side stories that never join up with the plot and left me searching for a deeper meanings in the mysterious narrative.
But yay for stealing a room on campus. The tech equipment at my school is darn good I must say. I'm proud to say that I've held multiple viewing parties in classrooms for non-educational purposes.




No comments:
Post a Comment