Sunday, August 19, 2012

I Want Candy

Shoutout to these Unreal candies that I first heard about from Clare


I’m a believer in the “if you’re going to eat dessert, just go all out and indulge/enjoy yourself” attitude. “Healthy” variations on what you crave tend to taste odd and the bottom line is, they don’t really satisfy that initial craving and you end up eating other random stuff that altogether is worse than just eating the full fat or full whatever form of the original food desire. But from an entrepreneurship viewpoint, what the boy/founder of Unreal has done to concoct all-natural candies is pretty admirable. Granted, he has the rich dad/resources to support and heavily market his venture.

They are duller in color than M&M’s because of the natural vegetable dyes, and a little less creamy in my opinion. But still satisfies a sweet tooth, with maybe slightly less guilt? These probably won’t become a fixture in my pantry, but it’s nice to know that there’s a new movement to reform even the junkiest foods. I like how there’s a direct version of the classic candies, including Reese’s peanut butter cups, Milky Way, and M&M’s, both plain and peanut varieties.    

No comments:

Post a Comment