I'm sure you're all familiar with the dilemma. You know. The one: waffles or pancakes?
For a carb lover such as myself, it's not easy. It's actually emotional turmoil. Waffles have the yummy crust factor and the square inlets into which honey or syrup pools so quickly and which facilitate the infusion of sugar into the batter (always a good thing.) Pancakes, on the other hand, are as the name states more cake-like, fluffy, and soft. They can trick me into thinking I'm eating dessert for breakfast.
Well folks, I'm pleased to announce that I've found the solution to the ultimate foodie problem: have both in one day.
Today I was really happy because I got to have breakfast a.k.a. the best meal of the day twice. In the morning before work, I quickly toasted up two Kashi 7 Grain waffles and gobbled them with cashew butter and honey and hot almond milk on the side.
I got off work at 12pm and met my roomies for a back-to-school reunion at Jodie's Restaurant in my own quaint little hometown of Albany. Read my review for more details, but it's basically a tiny six-stool joint where one should never come in a hurry, because one is obligated to chat with fellow customers sitting around the counter and the man Jodie himself. They are known for their crazy and eclectic wall menu, which has countless entrees (all basically different combinations of standard breakfast items i.e. hash browns, bacon, sausage, BBQ, eggs, pancakes, grits), some named after the restaurant regulars.
I got the "Obama Special" with BBQ beef brisket, hash browns, and two medium pancakes.
I destroyed those pancakes in approximately 5.3 seconds because I was starving by the time the food came out, but had leftovers of the other items. Clearly, you see where my food group allegiances lie.
Lunch was definitely satiating but I wanted something refreshing to offset the massive dose of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter that saturated the meal.
Home-grown pears a plenty!
I vaguely remember buying a pear tree from maybe Home Depot or the like a long, long time ago and I totally forgot about it. But now it's harvest time! And it is times of bounty indeed: the pears are literally dropping from the tree faster than we can eat them. Nothing like a sweet, crispy pear that you know if completely free of pesticides, etc. because it's from your own backyard. It also makes me feel pretty cool to saunter outside and pick some fresh fruit to go directly into my mouth.


No comments:
Post a Comment