Wednesday, June 20, 2012

More Touristy Things and My New Favorite Yogurt Place

During SAS class yesterday, I munched on a new bar that I've been meaning to try for a long time. At first bite, the Mojo: Mountain Mix bar from Clif impressed me with a nutty flavor that was equally salty and sweet at the same time! It's so nice to have an energy bar that is not super sweet. While the bar tastes really good, I will admit that they have not made anything that is revolutionary--it's simply the nutty/chocolaty trail mix flavors that we know and love stuck together in an easily portable form. I like that the wrappers are clear because it kinds of sends the message that the company has nothing to hide.  



My rating: 5/5.

Our nighttime adventure was the Red Sox vs. Marlins game at historic Fenway Park. We "pre-gamed" at nearby Cornwall's in Kenmore Square. It's a chill place where one can enjoy a few beers with friends and perhaps play a game of pool, which costs $1 in quarters. 

I'm no baseball person, but have become aware in my time here that Fenway Park is very old and meaningful for baseball fanatics. We had tickets for the right field roof box terrace, so the highest seats in the stadium. I suppose we had a good view, although I understood no more than if I were watching on TV (which would never happen.)


It was pretty when the sun began to set.



The last photo is from looking down at the street from the top of the stadium. It's cool that the food vendors decorated the tops of their overhangs, which creates a carnival-esque atmosphere! Yes, I will admit that I was more intrigued by the concession food products and trinkets at the game than the game itself...But now I can say I've been to a Red Sox game at Fenway Park (or at least the beginning of one.)

Today, we walked to the Boston Public Library. Although it may sound weird to sightsee a city's public library, BPL is kind of a dual museum and library. 

Where am I again? 


You can't see clearly, but the bottoms of the lamps are turtles.

Side entrance.

You have to admit that you would not guess this place was a library if I didn't tell you. It has a lot of beautiful old sculptures, paintings, beautiful architecture, and an art gallery. 

On the way back walking in the sweltering heat, I found my new yogurt love. This might just be one place that I will really miss once I move back to California. Yes, the hot and muggy warnings that I received prior to coming to Boston are proving valid. It is currently 95 degrees and our dorm rooms have no AC--excuse me, I will now go sit in front of my roommate's fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment