It rained heavily all day yesterday and the weather prompted me to have soup for lunch (I promise to take some photos of the cafeteria food before I leave, even though it is by no means extraordinary.) However, it definitely did not fill me up and I was getting the munchies an hour or so after the meal, during our computing class.
Out comes my Odwalla: Berry GoMega bar, plus a banana that I took out from the cafeteria during breakfast. Sorry, no photo! I was already feeling mischievous eating in the computer lab, and did not dare to push it by busting out my camera in the middle of a lecture. Maybe it was because I was extra hungry, but this bar has been my favorite so far. It has a flax-y texture that prevents it from becoming too chewy, and there are real whole berries dispersed throughout. There's no icing or gunk on the outside of the bar, so it's not too sticky to grab with one's hands and rip apart to eat surreptitiously in class. It fueled my in-class coding assignment for the day. Phew! That's what I call a food-mergency save.
My rating: 5/5.
A few days ago I had a Luna: Toasted Nuts 'n Cranberry bar. This bar contains cashews and almonds and tasted most like a regular chewy granola bar with the cranberry additions.
No complaints! I like Luna bars in general because they are lighter than say, meal replacement bars and easy to digest right before a jog or workout.
My rating: 5/5 stars.


No comments:
Post a Comment