Yesterday we traveled to the Arnold Arboretum, maintained jointly by Harvard and the City of Boston. I say "traveled" because the transportation experience was quite an ordeal: the last section of T line that we thought would take us directly to the park was "suspended," so we were dropped off 2 miles from the arboretum and walked the remaining distance. Added with the walk to the T station, walking around within the park, and walking to the station on our back home, it was a lot of steps! If I carried a pedometer if would've been off the charts. For a terrible navigator such as myself, it's always good to have one person in a group with a smartphone--and there's bound to be one.
On the way to the arboretum, we paused and enjoyed the scenery of Jamaica Pond.
It's difficult to discern from the photo, but these little boats had funny names like "Swagga," "Oxymoron," and "Fabulous."
The arboretum was pretty much what I was anticipating: pretty greenery! A nice break from the urbanity of the Boston University area.
I noticed that there were relatively few people our age in the park; it was mostly senior citizens or the other extreme, families with newborn babies. Despite the heat, I enjoyed strolling through the gardens and suburbia. Nature makes me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment