Five days until I embark on my six-week summer program in Boston! First time to the East Coast, where I've been warned it will be hot and muggy. The program coordinators have emphasized as well that there will be no air conditioning in the dorms--pretty apt-style brownstones--which I did not think twice about until the weather comments accrued. I'll buy a fan there if needed. But hey, I should be able to tough it out for six weeks, right? I'll let you know how a Bay Area gal with a season-less upbringing fares.
I got my exact address today. I had to utilize my creeper skills and look at the place in actuality via google's frighteningly clear street view:
Pretty, no? Makes my trip seem all the more imminent, and me all the more excited. Still don't know who my roomie will be, but at least all of us have similar academic interests so there's that.
Point of sadness: my mom warned me that meals wouldn't be provided on the five-plus hour flight cross-country. I've only every flown within California, a short trip for which there is obviously no meal provided, or to the opposite side of the globe (China), a grueling 12-plus hour trip for which there are multiple gross but free and welcome meals, so for this upcoming venture I will need to pack foods strategically.
Here's what I have accumulated so far:
More products for my Energy Bar Reviews, but they won't last me.
Second point of sadness: I have put off thinking about packing (groan.)
That is my bedding, sitting awkwardly atop my too-small suitcase....
What are other good snacks/meals to bring for traveling/flying?



No comments:
Post a Comment