Today at lunch I had a Luna Protein Bar: Cookie Dough. I actually chose this over the other flavors available that explicitly contained chocolate, thinking that it might not contain the ingredient. For some reason, I am not attracted to energy bars with chocolate. Usually, I like to treat chocolate as my everyday indulgence after dinner in the form of delicious ice cream or Ghirardelli squares, and consuming it prior to that time somehow downgrades the experience.
The taste was alright, but it was monotonously chewy, and whatever different components in the batter kind of melded together indistinguishably when I bit through the cylindrical bar. Texture is important, and I was missing a crunch factor. I think they could elevate their recipe with some rice crisps or the like.
My rating: 3/5.
Lately I've been trying to bring one afternoon snack to work so I don't come home famished and entirely inpatient for dinner. It's also fun to secretly eat on the job, since we're technically not supposed to at our desks. Oh, the thrills of working in my cubicle-d environment. Anyways, On her latest trip to 99 Ranch, my mom bought a pack of these Asian crackers, noting their "low sugar."
Asian snacks are usually alright taste-wise, but their tremendous amount of packaging bugs the hell out of me. For example, each of these packets contains two crackers. I think I've even seen individually packed marshmallows. And everyone knows those tiny lychee jelly cups that come in buckets.
Do you know/like the jelly cups?
What ethnic snacks do you enjoy?



No comments:
Post a Comment