Saturday morning we finally ventured to Flour, a bakery that has been featured on the Food Network and that I've been desperately meaning to try since my first day here. You can read my review for details, but in summary: delicious ooey gooey sugary-ness.
 |
| Why yes that is caramel gushing out of the pastry |
 |
| Half a hummus sandwich |
After brunch I strayed from the pack to explore MIT a bit. I blended in with the busloads of Asian tourists that pervade famous schools in the U.S.
 |
| The MIT bridge is measured in smoots |
 |
| Cool-looking building |
I heard that a "thing" at MIT is for students to somehow find their way on top of this dome building.
It has been terribly humid in Boston the last few days. After wandering around the MIT campus in the sweltering heat, I came back to the AC-less dorm but could not stay inside for long. So I went for a swim! I've been swimming most mornings before class, and plunging in the cold water first thing in the morning is sometimes difficult but after sweating up a storm jumping into the pool felt refreshing and oh so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment