![]() |
| Kashi and Trader Joe's Multigrain crackers |
![]() |
| Green apple. Turned out it was all brown inside so I sadly didn't finish. |
Last time we went to Flour, I spied people eating egg sandwiches and decided that I had to try one. I daresay that it's a better deal than their renowned sticky buns price- and satiation-wise.
Thick souffle-style egg with bacon and veggies, no cheese for me. If you don't know by now, breads are my favorite food group of all time, and the sandwich breads here are to die for. I gobbled it down, and even had a bit of leftover egg because for some reason I'm easily overwhelmed by egg that's not cooked very thin.
I got to the airport super duper early--too early even to check in, so I munched on a Mojo: Peanut Butter Pretzel bar while watching airplanes taxi around outside.
After going through security and perusing the very limited food options, I knew I should grab something more substantial for dinner even though I wasn't very hungry, which is weird because I usually find myself constantly hungry while traveling.
By the way, the owner of Flour is basically my idol: an applied math major (Harvard) who diverged to the bakery business! This whole statistics thang I'm doing is just backup for my entrepreneurship ventures.
My friend Ryan has been commenting on how my blog lacks photos of people. I realize I tend to take more photos of objects/places/food rather than individuals. Plus, I don't know if my friends would be uncomfortable if I put them on my blog without their knowledge, but I suppose it's not such a big deal since they all have FB and whatnot.
An "Asian" photo at the request of Ryan (left.) How cute are these two? It's definitely weird to have basically spent 24 hrs a day for six weeks with the same people, and then suddenly leave to our respective homes with the possibility of never meeting in person again.
After breakfast, we took one of last walks over the MIT bridge back to our dorm, checked out, and parted ways. My flight was not until 7 in the evening, so I had a whole day to kill. Having not yet explored one of nation's foundational educational institutions, I strolled over the bridge again to explore the Harvard campus.
Harvard has a much more cohesive, campus feel than BU and I could see undergraduate being very happy with respect to the environment, at least. But I have to say that after leaving my little Bay Area bubble and exploring other schools and places, I appreciate even more my hometown and specifically my school, UC Berkeley. While I knew that people said our campus was pretty, I never had anything to compare it to personally and now that I do, I really appreciate the regal buildings, massive libraries, and open green spaces that make up my school. Senior year is a little late to accrue some school pride, but better late than never!
Maybe it was the hearty breakfast, but the rest of the was a series of random snacks evenly spaced throughout the day.
![]() |
| Drank at Harvard Square while people-watching |
I got to the airport super duper early--too early even to check in, so I munched on a Mojo: Peanut Butter Pretzel bar while watching airplanes taxi around outside.
Texture is the most important quality of a bar for me, and Clif just has it down. I liked the sweet/salty combination and the peanut butter chips. The ingredients listed peanut butter filled pretzels, but as far as I could discern there was pretzels, and then peanuts, separately.
My rating: 4/5.
After going through security and perusing the very limited food options, I knew I should grab something more substantial for dinner even though I wasn't very hungry, which is weird because I usually find myself constantly hungry while traveling.
I got a dry-ish chicken salad sandwich from Potbelly Sandwiches, and only ate half.
Waiting at the gate, I bought a fruit medley of strawberries, grapes, pineapple, and mango. Haven't had mango in a while! Maybe I should stock up on delicious exotic fruits at home.
Goodies on the plane included potato chips and also chocolate chip cookies, the latter of which I snagged from the back of the plane after the attendants' official snack distributions.
Once I got home, I ate a peach before hopping into bed. A long day, considering the EST to PST time zone transition.













No comments:
Post a Comment