Monday, July 23, 2012

ICA, North End, and Batman

On Thursday, my friend and I wandered to the Institute of Contemporary Art for their weekly free admission day. I have to say that I've been very successful at researching Boston's museums and taking advantage of student discounts or free days. FYI, the MIT Museum is free the second Friday of every month. I didn't blog about that particular outing, but they have a lot of cool holograms, robots, and all that good nerdy stuff.

Anyways, after a circuitous walk we finally made it to the ICA:


Glass exhibit

Cool mirror effect--so many "me"s!

To me, contemporary art is either really cool or completely random and therefore lame. The lights in the fun mirror piece above are actually a film featuring the butchering of a large pig. So the exhibit was fun, as long as you didn't look up and focus on the blood and gore. Poor tortured artists...

After touring the ICA, which is pretty small with only the 4th floor as the main gallery, my friend and I walked to the North End. The North End has historically been occupied by a series of different ethnicities and communities, but is now known for their Italian food. We had our final fancy program dinner at Lucia's.  






Needless to say, it was yummy night. 

But not the end to the night! A good number of us had bought tickets in advance for the much-anticipated third installment of the Batman series, The Dark Knight Rises. I am ashamed to say that most of us drifted in and out of sleep during the movie. I don't think I can do midnight premiers. I woke up more towards the end when things got louder because the action increased. I don't think I can give the movie a fair review since I was unconscious for parts of it, but I can dish out points now before re-watching it just for adding some eye candy to their cast.

Source: www.spinoff.comicbookresources.com

Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment