Monday, September 10, 2012

Energy Bar Review: Balance Bar S'mores

I bought a bunch of Balance Bars kind of on an impulse when they were on sale at Safeway one summer day. They've been sitting in my pantry untouched, but I suddenly decided that I will methodically get rid of them, eating one a day for a week, so get ready for an onslaught of energy bar reviews. 

First up: S'mores flavor. I've been wanting to try actual s'mores lately (I know, such a shame that I have not yet experienced such a classic dessert), so that is probably why I grabbed this one first. 



Balance Bars apparently have 20% of our DV of saturated fat--is that bad? I'm not sure what the ideal constitution of a pre-workout snack is.
  
I didn't really get the whole marshmallow, graham cracker, and chocolate experience. It just tasted like a less sweet chocolate candy bar, which is fine. Another one of those cases where bars are named after elaborate desserts that really can't be mimicked in bar form.

My rating: 4/5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment