I'm really terrible at doing the strict WIAW-style post since much of what I eat everyday goes undocumented, but here's a peek at typically eats in my school day.
That green monster on the left was a fail: spinach, almond milk, yogurt, and honey. Maybe I'm just not a smoothie person, or maybe it was that my blender was not strong enough to pulverize the veggies so there were unappetizing leafy scraps throughout the drink. This marked both the beginning and end of my smoothie-making days.
Top-right: oatmeal, chia seeds, dried fig, and a big dollop of sunflower seed butter. For oatmeal, I typically leave the oats, chia seeds, dried fruit, and liquid ingredients together overnight in the fridge, and then microwave the whole deal in the morning to make one sweet and hot jump-start breakfast.
Bottom-right: banana with cashew butter. Eaten with the smoothie incriminated above. I also had a slice of bread with this breakfast since I could not bring myself to finish the drink.
I feel terrible whenever I waste food, but I usually feel even grosser when I force myself to eat things that I don't enjoy. I guess that means that I'm usually not so adventuresome and rather stick to a routine when it comes to food.
Now this is quintessential Amy food:
Left: egg sandwich w/ mustard, tomato, cukes, on Double Fiber bread. I whip these up in less than 10 minutes time for dinner multiples time a week, you can be sure of that.
Middle: pastrami panini w/ mustard, mayo, tomato, lettuce, and onions on ciabatta from Tivoli Caffe. Eaten during a Sunday study sesh.
Right: egg (this time over easy instead of fried) sandwich with spinach and tomatoes on Semifreddi's wheat panini roll.
Now, this might give you a skewed impression of a very restricted diet, but truthfully I snack constantly (thus the impossibility of capturing an entire day of eats) and I've definitely had my fair share of junk these opening weeks of school. I don't know if it's stress or what, but I am definitely guilty of eating chocolate chips from the bag late in the night...followed by a heaping spoonful of cashew butter...followed by sleep. Hopefully showing my eats on a somewhat regular basis will help me be more accountable in terms of staying on the right track.
But I must leave you on a dessert note:
They were such a hit that I only managed to snap a photo when there were only two lonely muffins left.
Current food goals: eat a wider variety of healthy fats, eat less processed snacks and instead bake/create my own!



No comments:
Post a Comment