Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pizza Party

A couple weeks ago I hopped on over to my friend Emily's house for a pizza party. The attendees didn't have much experience with making pizza, so we pretty much just winged it.
 

We had a few laughs while rolling out the  crust, but hey, you can't go wrong with dough from the best pizzeria in the world.   


Can you tell we got really creative? The left side of this pie is our "sweet" pizza, with peach, pear, and gorgonzola cheese and the right side is the "savory" with sausage and chorizo. All on top of classic mozzarella, of course. 


Butcher knife pizza chopping skills.

But here's where we get eclectic: 

As a side, we created papaya salad!
 

I had never handled papaya before, and the rare occasion on which I have encountered the fruit it is orange with those scary black beady innards. The recipe we used called for an unripe papaya, so still green.


The above is my favorite pic of the night. We used just two of these flamin' hot peppers in the salad. So spicy that Emily only handled them with a glove. Scary, no?
 

The salad also included long beans, lime, and lots of garlic. We allowed the juices to really come out and meld together by grinding everything up in a Laos-style mortar and pestle. Emily owns several of them...

I had actually eaten dinner beforehand (I get hungry early) so I ate salad and did not taste the pizza. But I couldn't deny myself a piece of this bad boy for dessert!


They are apple sour cream squares of some sort. One of Emily's most popular desserts. We forgot them in the oven so they came out the tiniest bit brown, but that definitely did not hinder us from chowing down.

What is the weirdest pizza you've ever eaten?

Do you eat eclectic meals, or always try to have courses be cohesive? 

No comments:

Post a Comment