Monday, January 7, 2013

Baking Spree

Sooooomebody stop me! Is this reference completely behind the times?


I'm on a baking spree.


I've developed a loaf obsession.

Weird bulbous protrusion eaten by me before anyone could notice.



I have a bookmarks folder dedicated specifically to the delightful oblong treats.


Recipes from the top: Chocolate Avocado Muffins from 750 Best Muffin Recipes (I'm too lazy to list out the ingredients--I'm sure there's something similar on the interweb if you're intrigued), Very Berry Muffins, Quick Wheat Bread, Eggnog Bread, and a Berry Loaf (same recipe as the muffins.)

Concerning the eggnog loaf, I eagerly grabbed a carton of So Delicious Eggnog after hearing good reviews about the product on other blogs.


Not really knowing what eggnog is to begin with. Verdict: so sickeningly sweet. I've struggled to incorporate it in my daily eats by diluting it with regular unsweetened soy milk or even water. I guess I don't have a big sweet tooth. I've been on the lookout for eggnog baked good recipes in the hopes that it will be consumed more readily that way.

Note: I very rarely follow recipes exactly. Even when I have all the ingredients. It's an inexplicable compulsive behavior of mine. So, these recipes will very likely give you something pictured above, but I can't guarantee that. You know what they say, spontaneity makes a great chef. Just kidding. I know spontaneity is dangerous in the kitchen, especially when it comes to baking. Humor me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment