Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hella Popcorn

So quite a while ago I won a giveaway...


For a ton of popcorn! Thanks Anjali!

Of course, coming from a healthy living blog, it couldn't be just any popcorn: In my giant package came five gourmet creations from G.H. Cretor's: Kettle Corn, Just the Cheese Corn, Just the Caramel Corn, Caramel Nut Corn, and Chicago Mix. I think the Chicago Mix is kind of combination of the caramel nut and cheese varieties. I liked the little cardboard bowls included in the nifty box and can't wait to use them at a cute roomie movie night or something of the sort. 

In addition, I received two bright neon bags of Angie's Sea Salt Popcorn (as if I needed a reminder to eat them) plus an equally bright shirt--woot! 

So far, I've tasted the Kettle Corn, Cheese Corn, and the Sea Salt Popcorn. The Kettle Corn has a light sweetness that brought me back to my swim meet days, where there was always a kettle corn stand. I actually brought the bag to a movie night at a friend's, where there was another brand of kettle corn, and I think mine really stole the show. The Cheese Corn bursts with cheddar flavor, and definitely doesn't shy away from a bold salty taste. It's tasty, but I don't think I could eat more than a small bowl of the stuff at a time. In contrast, I like the Sea Salt Popcorn for its very subtle seasoning--just salty enough to keep you grabbing for the next handful, which is not a terribly worrisome thing with only 35 calories per cup.

Having so many snacks is demanding a series of movie nights in the near future. What could be better than a friend- and food-filled winter break? 

How did eating popcorn come to be associated with watching movies? 

I can't believe I never thought it weird until recently, but the pairing is really quite random.

No comments:

Post a Comment