Sunday, November 4, 2012

Energy Bar Review: Luna Bar S'mores

Well, hey there inter-web! 

So, long time no post. Let me assure you that I've been keeping busy with lots of fun i.e. food-oriented and not-so-fun i.e. grad school applications stuff, but I don't feel like traveling back in time and posting a gazillion pictures in a speedy recap, so let's just move onwards, shall we?

What better way to reignite this little page of mine than with an energy bar review?!

I had a toasted PB&J sandwich for breakfast one day and for some reason it just didn't quell the raging hunger that commonly plagues my stomach first thing in the morning, so I grabbed a Luna Bar: S'mores flavor from my precious snack stock. 



I took home multiple varieties of Luna Bars from a statistics conference I attended some time ago (whether this falls in the "fun" or "not fun" category I leave to you to judge.) For business purposes a.k.a. my blog, duh!

The photo doesn't show it very well, but there's a chocolate layer under the regular golden crisps of a typical Luna Bar. The additional calories helped satiate my ravenous morning appetite, but sadly I would not say that the taste is spectacular. I think this is another case of the bar name being such a rich delicious dessert, that a bar simply could never measure up, and thus the consumer is inevitably disappointed.

My rating: 3/5.

Although I must disclose that I've never actually had s'mores. Tragic, isn't it? I'm tempted to buy the necessary graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate and make an imitation in the microwave, but something tells me that it's only official at a campfire setting.

Have you ever had s'mores?

No comments:

Post a Comment