Saturday, November 10, 2012

Energy Bar Review: Luna Bar Peanut Honey Pretzel

I'm pretty excited about this one...



Visually, the Luna Bar Peanut Honey Pretzel flavor is a party! The peanut butter chips make the bar so look so fun and appetizing, thereby sealing the deal for me. The sweet and salty taste combo is a pleasant balance on the palate, too. I was worried that the pretzel pieces would be or somehow lose their crunchiness, but they still added a nice crisp to complement the smoother components of the bar. This is the perfect fuel to turn to when you can't decide between a sweet or salty snack (you know the feeling, right?).

My rating: 5/5.

Unexpectedly, this one not only fueled a quick 2-mile run at the gym, but actually filled me up for the rest of the afternoon/evening! For some reason, I was just not that hungry at dinner and did not crave my usual midnight snack. I guess this is a heartier bar, with more healthy fats from the peanuts and carbs from the pretzel bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment